Attention! Before starting a work of the removing and installing of the bushings for the sway bar end links, take note of the shape and location of the thrust washers relatively to the bushings.
- Unscrew the nuts of sway bar end links.
- Remove the thrust washers. Dismount the outer bushings. Remove the end links from control arm and stabilizer. Dismount remaining inner bushings and thrust washers.
- Clean sway bar, thrust washers, housing areas of the end links and stabilizer from rust and dirt. Assess the quality of the parts.
- If necessary, replace the end links and thrust washers depending on their wearout and damages.
- Lubricate the inner surface of the bushings with any consistent grease to facilitate the installation into the sway bar end links.
- Install the inner thrust washers and bushings on the end link.
- Install the end link into the control arm and sway bar.
- Install the outer bushings and thrust washers, screw the nuts on the end link.
- Tighten the nuts.
Attention! The tightening force values are specified in the vehicle manufacturer’s documentation.
|Sway bar end link bushing is crushed.||
Inaccurate tightening of the parts.