Attention! Before starting works on dismantling and installing the bushings, note the location of the bushings in the steering rack. Bushings (1-20-975/1188/1195/1292/2010/3000) are different to original, manufactured without outer metal shell and are installed into steering rack without the usage of old bushing’s outer metal shell.
- Fix the steering rack in the bench screw.
- Bend the outer metal shell of the bushing in two opposite places using hammer and chisel.
- Remove bushing from the steering rack.
- After the dismantling inspect and clean the bearings in the steering rack from rust, dirt and burrs.
- Lubricate the new bushings’ outer surface and bearings in the steering racks with the grease supplied in the kit, or any other consistent grease.
- Install new bushings in the bearings of steering rack taking into account their original location.
Attention! Tightening force is according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.